The office that Lil's Speech Therapist works at had a summer activity for all the kids that they work with (both speech and occupational therapy). They called it a Messy Day. It was set up outside and designed it to let the kids just have fun and make a mess. The activities:
- Kiddie pool filled with shaving cream
- Big bowls and tubs filled with Jell-O to touch and squish fingers in
- A big deep table (like a water table) filled with "goo" (I think it was a flour and water mixture)
- A big tub filled with Millet
- A few kiddie pools filled with water
- And a painting activity.
I actually think the painting was the neatest idea there. They bought a long piece of clear vinyl and hung it up on the fence. Then they had tubs of water-based paints there to paint on the vinyl and huge sponges to wipe it off when you were done.
The girls left wet, dirty, and happy!
2 comments:
How fun! I can imagine them going immediately from the shaving cream or goo to the millet tub.
cousins say: I want to go to THEIR house! That sounds fun!
Post a Comment