Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday . . .

. . . to me!

This is it! The BIG 3-0! We didn't do too much today, yet there were several photo opportunities so I will share those.

First off this morning, Emmaline cracked me up, she was playing with a toy lion, a toy sheep, and a farm. This is how it looked:

It made me giggle. Actually this lion is only carrying the sheep to the farm - like a dog would carry something in its mouth - but boy does it look bad!

Then we made a cake. I'm not actually a cake fan but it is important to the kids, so Emmaline and I made this little Chocolate Snack Cake together. Later in the afternoon Lil came up to me smacking her lips and saying, "mm-MM!!" This is what I found:

Later in the day, AJ found this poor little baby bird in our yard under a tree in our yard. He must have fallen from his nest - poor little guy.



Besides giving me a GPS (which he actually gave me a few weeks ago so we could use it on our trip to Silverthorne), AJ gave me a bag of my most favorite chips - Salt & Vinegar. I can eat those suckers until the bag is gone and my tongue is burning. They are SO good. If people would bring me bags of these instead of chocolate chip cookies, I'd be happy. I was concerned about the new labeling on the package though:







Emmaline selected a present for me from The Present Store. She got me a fantastic purple puppy birthday card with a squishy nose AND my very own stick pony to ride! I am pretty sure I am the luckiest mom there is.


To top off the day, we ate birthday cake. Since the cake was tiny we only put 3 candles on top - one for every ten years. Luckily with so many candles, I had plenty of willing helpers to assist in the extinguishing.





Rating: 1 Chocolate Birthday Cake

4 comments:

the andersons said...

Happy Birthday Bethany.. you look super cute.

Jamie said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! The big 3-0 isn't all that bad now, is it?

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Bethany!! Looks like you had fun! And you definitely do NOT look like you just turned 30.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, welcome to the next decade of life!