Liliana spent another fitful night with us fiery fever that was minimally controlled by Motrin. Poor thing was just miserable. She couldn't sleep and at one point I turned on a movie for her and let her watch while I slept. Pretty much the only uninterrupted sleep we got the whole night. First thing in the morning, we got all the kids ready as quickly as possible. I took Liliana and Imogene with me to the Urgent Care and AJ took Emmaline with him to work long enough to pick up some things he needed so he could work from home the rest of the day.
As with every good doctor visit, by the time you go, the kid is fine. It is like the second we walked in the door, Liliana's fever was gone and she was chipper and happy. Only sign of illness was sounding a bit hoarse and a bit of a runny nose. The doctor examined her and determined whatever "it" is, to be viral and said it should go away in a few days. Good times. Of course about an hour after we got home, Liliana turned back into a miserable, fussy, feverish kid for the rest of the day. What IS it about the doctor's office???
In other news, Emmaline had her second skating class. This time I dressed her very very warmly. Of course today was pretty warm (about 35* during the class) so she was actually OVER dressed. All the kids that we ultra bundled last week had just coats and gloves this week. Anyway, it was good how thickly I bundled her, because she spent the majority of the 30 minute class sprawled on the ice. The girl could NOT get up. Since part of the class is learning how to get up when you fall - the teachers tried to teach her to get up - but what that meant is that she spent very little time actually in an upright position. At one point I watched her crawl across the ice to use the wall to help her stand up, only to discover that she is shorter than the wall and couldn't grab onto it either. It's a good thing this class only has three lessons totally. I think we'll try it again next year.
Rating: 1 Fireball and 1 York Peppermint Patty
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I so agree with the dr.'s office thing. Why is that I wonder??
The same thing happens at our doctors office. Here's to hoping everyone else stays well!
Yea, when Trey was a baby I have sworn I was going to take him in and just set up camp at the Dr's office one day or night bring me a pillow and a banket, curl up in a corner chair and get some sleep.
Post a Comment