
What you see there - are Spaghetti-o's. Not just any spaghetti-o's though. They are homemade and free of allergens! Go me! I ran across the little ring pasta (Anellini) in Safeway a couple months ago and have had a hankering to try and make safe Spaghetti-o's ever since.
1 box (12 oz.) Anellini
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes (you can find this in the bulk bins at health food stores)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes (you can find this in the bulk bins at health food stores)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1 cup rice milk
1 T. margarine
2 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
Cook and drain pasta according to box directions.
Mix together dry ingredients in mixing bowl. In a sauce pan, melt margarine. Put in dry ingredients and quickly stir around until the mixture is crumbly. Add in rice milk and mix with whisk to smooth. Cook until thick. Mixture will thicken very quickly once it starts to - so stir frequently. (That is your "cheese" sauce)
Pour "cheese" onto cooked pasta. Pour on tomato sauce. Mix thoroughly.
Mix together dry ingredients in mixing bowl. In a sauce pan, melt margarine. Put in dry ingredients and quickly stir around until the mixture is crumbly. Add in rice milk and mix with whisk to smooth. Cook until thick. Mixture will thicken very quickly once it starts to - so stir frequently. (That is your "cheese" sauce)
Pour "cheese" onto cooked pasta. Pour on tomato sauce. Mix thoroughly.
I thought this turned out surprisingly well. Once it cooled it seemed to thicken even more so I am thinking I might add just a bit of beef broth as well next time (it needed a bit more flavor too). However, the kids liked it! I thinking of trying to make the mini meatballs next time too - I'll have to ponder that one . . .
Rating: 4 Lollipops (It is always nice to be able to recreate what the "other" kids eat)
3 comments:
Wow! Good job. It looks great. I'm so impressed.
looks good. my kids are weird and they wont touch this stuff out of a can. they might would eat your version though :)
Go momma!
I'm going to attempt mock pb cups (soybutter as the sub), I'll let you know how it works.
Post a Comment