Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Where I enjoy a nice evening out...

Tonight was the Relief Society Christmas Dinner. It was SO nice. I left Emmaline and Liliana with AJ, and took Imogene with me. The dinner was planned, cooked, and served by some of the husbands. Each table had their own "waiter" and we were served a 4 course genuine Italian meal (one of the men is from Italy). We had:

Primo Piatto: Fettuccine con prosciutto (fettuccine with ham and cream)
Secondo Piatto: Lonza al latte con carote (pork braised in milk with carrots)
Contorno: Insalata (mixed greens, feta, tomato salad)
Dolce: Tiramisu (no coffee in it - I know you were wondering)

It was sooooo yummy. And again - the best part was that I didn't have to cook!

Then we had a gift exchange. We were each given a small box a couple of weeks ago - all identical - and asked to put a gift in those. Then at the party, we all stood in a circle. They read a story and whenever the word "right" was in the story, we passed the gift to the person on our right, and then when "left" was read, we passed to the left. It was fun and surprisingly hard when those words came quickly in the story! I ended up with a yummy bottle of Plumeria lotion from Bath and Body Works.

We also had two musical numbers - accompanied by me. Those went pretty well considering I was given the music just a couple of days ago! At the end they showed a special slide show with music about the life of Christ.

I thought it was a great relaxing evening and I enjoyed getting to gab with the other women and relax.

Rating: 5 Lollipops

5 comments:

Nonna said...

Sounds super nice...we have an RS Christmas dinner on thursday night, Dec. 11th.

Erika said...

That sounds like a great evening! I'm filing the ideas away for future reference because I'm EL in our ward. Ours was last night too, and also went splendidly. If you really enjoyed it, thank your Enrichment Leader- those evenings are heck of a lot of work at an already busy time of year :)
-goobsmom from BBC

Jamie said...

That does sounds nice. I actually kind of like that there wasn't a long program... sometimes those go way too long. That sounds like a great evening! I don't think my RS is doing anything.. at least I haven't heard that they are. Hmmm...

the andersons said...

sounds really nice..

MDtripmom said...

Wow, I'm jealous! Our RS used to have really nice dinners (but not as nice as that) but then the new RS got called and they have boycotted any dinners. :( Glad to hear you had an enjoyable evening out minus your baby.

-MDtripmom from BBC LDS board