Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Present Store

That is what Emmaline calls the Dollar Tree. Whenever there is a holiday or birthday, we take the kids there and they get to choose whatever they want. They get the joy and satisfaction of picking out a gift for someone, and we get the joy and satisfaction of only spending $1.00 on something that will most likely be useless or garbage. Everyone wins!
Today I took the girls there to pick out a gift for Father's Day. Emmaline walked the entire store getting ideas of what she would like to get him. I was surprised how selective she was this time. Usually she latches onto everything she sees and then flounders in making a decision. Today she still did that - kind of - but was much more picky. I'd tell you what she got him, but AJ reads this blog - so you'll have to be satisfied in knowing that she put down both the elephant watering can and the giraffe statue in order to make her final selection.

Rating: 4 Pixie Dust (it was fun watching Emmaline decide what SHE thought AJ would really like)

5 comments:

Marla said...

Oh that's a cute idea! Letting them pick something at the dollar store for fathers day. Hmmm...I may have to steal that next year.

Jenni said...

What a fun idea!

Jenny said...

LOL, my sister was just telling me that she took her little girl to the dollar store to get a present for Father's Day, too! They came home with bubbles. I'm sure my BIL will be thrilled.

Jana said...

Was it a pink pony?

Lynnette said...

How fun!