Yesterday after church, we ate lunch and got the kid all settled into naps and quiet time. Just as
AJ and I settled in to relax for awhile, the tornado sirens started going off. So, we got to wake all of them up, and go hang out in the basement. It turns out the closest one to us was 15 miles away still. There were 5 that hit Denver and surrounding areas including one that actually hit in the city (Aurora actually) at the
Southlands Mall. Pretty crazy stuff. They said that one went for about 30 minutes and traveled about 8-10 miles!
While we hung out in our basement we talked about how to make a safer place down there. Everything is either near windows or near places where things could fall on us. We came up with a plan and once we get it organized I'll take some pictures! Instead, enjoy this picture of the tornado in Aurora!
Rating: 3 Ice Cream Cones (for the 3 inch hail that fell some places)
3 comments:
Wow. It's beautiful but frightening at the same time. Glad you are okay.
Wow is right... I remember several tornados when I lived out West... they were exciting and scary at the same time.
holy cow! It's amazing how 'pretty' tornados are! Glad you're okay!!
Can I interest you in a hurricane?
Post a Comment