Friday, August 22, 2008

Mommy Moments: Barf and Eyeballs

How's that for a title?

Let's start with the barf shall we? I decided this morning I would actually take care of myself. Instead of my usual uniform of capris and a tee, I put on my nice pair of jeans, a nice shirt, and even put on a little make-up! I should have known better - one should never tempt fate! Imogene of course projectile vomited on me (having NEVER vomited before until today). So much for dressing up.
Funny story? Maybe not. Story dripping in irony? You bet!

Now let's talk eyeballs! Emmaline has a set of animal finger puppets that I got at a craft fair a couple of years ago. Yesterday, Liliana came to me holding two googly eyes that I assumed had fallen off of one of the puppets. Well apparently I was wrong! Today I caught Liliana BITING the eyes off of a puppet! I stopped her of course, but tonight, when tidying up the family room, I discovered a LOT of the puppets were missing eyes. I started to get nervous that I was going to have to start watching for eyes in her poop. (Never thought that would be a sentence I'd write!). However, I soon discovered a whole stash of little eyeballs hidden away in the Little People Farm set. As you can see from the picture, poor mouse puppet lost more than an eye and now we have a whole zoo of blind animals.

Needless to say, the puppets have been put away for now.

Rating: 2 Sour Patch Kids

6 comments:

Chavah Kinloch said...

Those finger puppets are so cute. Pity they're blind now hehe. Sounds just like something my littlest one would do. How do they know not to swallow them? Hmmm. They also know to hide the evidence... They're much smarter than we give them credit for.

Nonna said...

I needed a good laugh, Bethany, after all the bad weather here...for the spit up I would have given 5 sour patch kids and to you, 5 pretty pink lollipops for
making the effort to look nice instead like a frazzled Mommy !

Kate said...

lol, that is too funny. Thanks for the great laugh! :)
Sorry about the outfit, don't you hate when things like that happen? In my case it is usually dropping food or liquid all over my new or nice outfit...bummer!

Heather said...

They eyeball thing is hilarious! I love how kids think. Still, googly eyes are better than the old banana I found in my kid's Little People bus. I guess the little people needed breakfast on their way to school.

Katie said...

The first time Parker vomited all over me was when I was leaving the house for church without my husband, being very prideful about how everyone would look at me and think, "Wow! She got here right on time with those two little kids looking so cute, and all by herself at that!" BARF! God quickly punished me for my pride and we were actually quite late that day.

Rachel said...

SOrry Bethany, but I am totally laughing...with you not at you. That happens to me every time I get dressed up. Or I'll be in public and pick up my crying baby only to discover the hard way that she was crying about a blown out diaper.

Eyes in the diaper..hee hee