Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Preschool a la Carte?

Well I'm really excited! I decided to not put Emmaline in preschool. However, the city offers a great variety of recreation programs on a month by month basis so I opted to sign Emmaline up for a few of those instead. It's a win-win situation. Emmaline benefits because she will learn good skills about listening to teachers and working in groups, as well as getting to try a variety of things. I benefit because I don't have to commit her to one single activity and then discover that she doesn't like it, and it is cheap since it is through the city. If I discover that she really takes to something, then we can reevaluate from there. So thus far I have her scheduled for:

Sept/Oct - Beginning Ballet and Tumbling (all one class) (this one is compliments of Grandma!)
Nov - Sports Sampler (basketball, tee-ball, soccer, and tennis)
Dec - Ice Skating

I think she is going to really enjoy herself and I am excited to see her try new things as well!

Rating: 1 Lollipop

1 comment:

Nonna said...

What a nice variety of activities...she is sure to love at least two of them !