Monday, August 18, 2008

This gives me hope...

I read this article on CNN.com today: Mom Shocked by Teen's Modest Clothing

It's worth reading but essentially it hits on the fact that layering and vintage are the new trends for teenage girls. That looking "proper" is the new in. Hallelujah! Hopefully this trend is around for the next 20 years to get my girls through their teenage years. Then again, I have at least one child that adores dressing up like this:


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Fun article - and I believe it! Granted, she is LDS and living in UT County, but my very fashionable cousin is really into the vintage, "proper and demure" look right now, and it is so cute! Probably better odds of it coming back around rather than sticking around until our kids are teenagers, but we can always hope! Liliana looks smashing in her ensemble!

Jana said...

Chicken-scratch embroidery cape. Classic.

Nonna said...

Cute cape, sweet smile but those teletubbie slippers...

Happily Ever After said...

She looks like a mix of red riding hood meets Dorothy from Kansas. So cute!