As mentioned previously, I work in Boulder. It's a fairly good sized city, in both land area and population. Hardly what I'd consider "rural" or otherwise, though it is surrounded by a lot of open space (which is great!). But what I saw today in the parking lot was just cool!I pulled into work and just as I was shutting off my car, I saw this HUGE red tailed hawk come in for a landing on a car. A few moments earlier I had seen a squirrel scamper by, so I assume the hawk was stalking the squirrel (RUN SQUIRREL!). But the hawk landed on a car and just sat there, for nearly 5 minutes. I got out and just watched it. Its size alone was mesmerizing. Eventually another coworker parked nearby, and he had a camera capable of taking some nice pictures. It flew away moments after this shot.
Rating: 5 Squirrel Nut Zippers
1 comment:
How beautiful...hawks often troll our skies, looking for vermin to eat, but I can never get that close to take a picture !
Post a Comment