On Thursday, we went bargain hunting which is always fun.
On Friday we canned 22 quarts of peaches and pears. I have never canned before and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was (even though we had to call Grandma twice for a couple of tips!). I will definitely be giving it a try again. Next attempt will be pickles! Of course they did take ENOUGH work that I won't be letting the family open them any time soon. What's the point if you are just going to open it immediately? I need time to sit and admire how pretty they are!

On Saturday, we went to Boulder and walked the Pearl Street Mall and window shopped and enjoyed the ambiance of the street performers and local liberal collage students. It was just like being back in Provo, UT at BYU - only with Democrats all around instead. ;-)
Sadly Saturday was our last full day and everyone left here today. Now onto planning for next year!
Rating: 1 pan of 7 layer dip, 2 boxes of popsicles, mozzarella sticks, bowl of fruit with fruit dip, and 1 box of chocolates
7 comments:
And free body wash for all! hoorayyyyyyy
Pearl Street Mall! How I love that place...you need to post instructions on how to can, btw!
And where did you get all the fruit?
Pretty canned goods, reminds me of the good old days when I used to can...yes, I know how !
Becka, a good website is freshpreserving.com for instructions and videos on canning...the Ball Co. that makes the mason jars etc. runs it.
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! I have canned with my grandma before, and it does bring a great sense of satisfaction. Way to go!
My in-laws are in Highlands Ranch and I love going over to Boulder when we visit them. Such a pretty place.
And I agree... you need to post the instructions on how to can!
I am so envious of your canning skills! Those look beautiful...
I am with you on making them wait to eat them, absolutely no way I'd be popping those open anytime soon.
I want to try canning next! Oh and us democrats are not that bad (wink, wink)..
Post a Comment