Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2 weeks dairy and egg free

Today I have been dairy and egg free for 2 weeks. That means that I am halfway done! Imogene seems to be doing well. She hasn't spit up except for a few times (though she wasn't spitting up a ton before either). The big noticeable difference is that she no longer sounds congested all the time. Now - that could have been from any number of things - so it is hard to say at this point if it is from being dairy and egg free or not. The true test will be in another 2 weeks. I'm keeping a list of all the dairy things I miss and I plan to consume tons of it so that if she reacts - there is not doubt about it. The bad news is that when I did this with Emmaline - I lost a ton of weight (of course I had to avoid more things too). However, this time around I'm already pretty knowledgeable about what the safe products are so I haven't had to resort to not eating at all!

For fun I have added a very old scrapbook page I did once of Emmaline. It reads: "Did you know that between 1% and 7.5% of infants like me are allergic to dairy? That's why I choose Rice Milk. It keeps from from getting eczema, blood in my GI tract, or even from dying. Staying this cute has never been easier. Got Rice Milk?"




Rating: 1 Lollipop (a nice dairy free one of course)

8 comments:

tren said...

I LOVE that scrapbook page! Good job.

Nonna said...

You are one amazing woman Bethany !
Love the scrapbook page too...

Erika said...

I'm goobsmom on BBC, sometimes I peek at your blog. We have the same highchair, so I felt compelled to comment :) Clever scrapbook page! Good luck with the last 2 weeks, that's hard. For me, weight loss would be a desirable side effect!

Kathy said...

I'm a dork! I saw that picture of Emmaline and just assumed it was Imogene. I thought to myself, "She looks just like Emmaline." ROFL!

Nurse Heidi said...

Terribly cute! Katie's been chugging rice milk for a couple months now. Expensive stuff :(. Not as expensive as formula, though....

Jen said...

Hi, it's halowidow from bbc, thanks for the comment on my blog!

Good for you for being half way done, my youngest had a milk intolerance and it soooo wasn't fun dealing with the eczema, spit up and congestion. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Share your list of safe foods! I'll sort out the gluten free stuff on my own! Do you have it typed up anywhere? Good job on making it to 2 weeks!

Bethany said...

Most of the packaged products we use definitely have wheat so there would be no hope for you there. However, I do like to indulge in Dreyer's Whole Fruit bars and I am pretty sure they are gluten free!
We do a lot of meals of meat, veggie, salad too and sometimes a starch like potatoes. I like to use rice a lot. We can do pasta (obviously the gluten free stuff for you) and red sauces as well.