Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Side Effects of Hard Work

Well it seems as though our time at the U-Pick farm has come back to bite us - but literally and figuratively! By the end of yesterday, I noticed that every single one of us has a sunburn. Whoops. Mommy forgot the sunblock! None of it is bad enough to hurt or be a bother, but I do feel particularly bad that Imogene has a bit of a pink nose. Bad Mommy.
Also this morning AJ and I have started discovering quite a few mosquito bites which are itchy and annoying.
To top it off though - AJ started feeling "off" yesterday evening, and by this morning, he was pretty miserable. We thought it was problem related to his ulcerative colitis, but it was bad enough that he wanted to go to the doctor right away. And when AJ *wants* to go to the doctor, you know it is bad! So, we skipped going to church and instead, AJ headed to the clinic. He returned home with a diagnosis of having a hernia and was told that it should heal itself in a few weeks. Mostly likely it happened due to all that heavy lifting he did yesterday. Whoops. I guess now is not the time to tell him that I need that 45 lbs. of beets back upstairs so I can start cleaning them tomorrow....

Rating: 4 Fireballs

4 comments:

Heavenly said...

Ohhhh nooooo!!!

Looks like you're getting your exercise tomorrow. ;)

45lbs of beets...dh would just refuse (he hates beets with a passion...LOL)

Nonna said...

oooh, Sorry... hope he feels better soon...go easy for awhile AJ !

I love pickled beets and onions like my Nana used to make !

BTW, what kind of vegan/ allergy friendly frosting did you use on the cake... ? It would help me for future family dinners when I have to come up with a safe dessert. I forgot to ask...

Bethany said...

Well I don't know if the frosting was vegan (lots of rules there I don't know) but lots of the Pillsbury frostings are dairy, egg, peanut, treenut free. They do have soybean oil which is safe for most soy allergic people. Even the cream cheese *flavored* frosting is safe for E's allergies. Go figure!

Jenny said...

Ack. That'll show you to engage in good, hard work. No more for a nice long while!