Monday, September 29, 2008

Highlights of the Day

Well all three girls were in a mood today but we still had two highlights! Because they were all so grumpy I made a joke to AJ about how *I* get to go to work tomorrow instead! Emmaline heard this and told me that I couldn't go to work because then who would stay home with her and make her lunch, because she doesn't know how to do it herself yet! I thought it was pretty funny.

The other highlight of the day is that we made safe chocolate chip cookies! I used chocolate chips from Enjoy Life foods that are safe for all of Emmaline's allergies and I used this recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup vanilla soymilk (I used regular rice milk)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or to taste) (they could have used twice as much!)
How to make the cookies:
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
Mix the soymilk, oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl or measuring cup.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture forms a thick batter.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Place spoonfuls of batter on a cookie sheet. (Make sure to space them far enough apart to give them room to expand.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in a cookie comes out clean.
Makes one dozen large cookies.
Serve warm or cooled.

Overall they were a good soft cookie. I think they could have used some sort of spice - cinnamon maybe. But the kids enjoyed them!

Rating: 12 Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Your cookies look really tasty. I am always amazed by mom's who have kids with allergies. I can not believe how much you know. Keep being a great mother!

Nonna said...

Yummy good !