Friday, September 5, 2008

Three - 3 and under.


Today is the last day that I will have three kids that are 3-years-old and under. We survived!

Emmaline had her very first ballet and tumbling class today and she thoroughly enjoyed it. I was outside the room and I could hear her chattering away and having something to say about everything. Poor teacher!

Then this afternoon, Emmaline helped me bake her birthday cake! She didn't get to frost it - but she did get to help me mix ingredients. I found a recipe for a Vegan Chocolate Cake (read that: no eggs or dairy!) and surprisingly it turned out well. I fight every year with her birthday cake so that was a relief. I did however attempt a vegan frosting that turned out WAY too runny and not good at all. Luckily, Pillsbury makes a safe frosting so at 9:30pm I ran to the store and grabbed some. Got home, started to decorate - and RAN OUT with about 1/8 of the cake left to go. DOH! Back to the store....

Rating: 1 birthday cake!

2 comments:

Nonna said...

So darn sweet...her ballet slippers and outfit take me back to when my daughter was taking dancing lessons...I still have one of her ballet slippers...the other one disappeared in a move years ago...

Jenny said...

She is so cute in her leotard and ballet shoes. Happy Birthday, Emmaline!