1st Birthday:
I intended to make a really cute ladybug cake I saw in a magazine. I ordered a special cake mix but when I baked it - it was a huge crumbly mess. It wasn't even in a state that we could frost it. We dug out some chunks of it for Emmaline to enjoy but there wasn't even anything worth
really taking a picture of.
really taking a picture of.2nd Birthday:

I had a safe brownie mix. I decided that I could just cook up the brownie mix and use Ener-G egg replacer in it. Turns out it didn't work. Brownie Mix + Ener-G Egg replacer = BRICK. I know this is a true fact because I tried it again another time and it was still a brick. At the last minute I mixed up a batch of safe muffin mix that turned out "so-so" and I frosted that I served it as cake.
3rd Birthday:
I discovered the joy of safe cake mix + 10 oz Sprite = YAY! This trick really does work well. But works *best* on cupcakes and the cake is still kind of dry and crumbly. At least there was something worth taking a picture of!
This year I googled around for a vegan cake recipe and found a chocolate one. I was skeptical but I gave it a try. It actually turned out well!!!
Rating: 4 birthday cakes (plus a brownie mix and a muffin mix)

6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Emmaline!
My 4 year old daughter is on my lap, and when she saw that last picture, she giggled and said, "Monkey cake!" Good Job, Bethany.
Ahhh....
We call Grey our monkey boy...LOL! He would adore that cake.
Happy Birthday Emmaline!
So Cute ! My son and daughter in law had a vegan wedding cake and it was delicious !
Cute cake bethany...it is so fun to see your kids grow on here. I hope you are doing well. We miss you.
Ali
That ck looks so cute and yummy!
Post a Comment