Imogene is officially 2 months old. I can't believe how time as flown! I have a few concerns about her - I am starting to think she either has mild reflux or the beginning symptoms of food allergies. So I expressed those concerns to the doctor. Imogene happened to poop while we were there so the doctor tested it for blood (an early sign for Emmaline). Turns out it *might* have been positive. I say *might* because it was really hard to tell. We both sat there staring at it trying to figure out if we saw blue or not (the chemical turns blue with blood and we maybe saw speckles of blue). So anyway, she instructed us to collect a few samples the next few days and to bring it to the lab for testing. On one hand, I'll be sad if she has allergies. But on the other hand, at least we caught it early and I already know what I'm doing - most of the time!
The doctor also said Imogene's belly button is a little bit herniated but that it was nothing to worry about and should go away by the time she is 2 or 3.
As for her stats:
Weight: 11 lbs. (up 2 pounds in a month)
Height 22.75 inches (up 1.25 inches in month)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just seems like yesterday, you were buying jars and jars of pickles while pregnant...I just "relished" that ! How time flies !
No matter what, with the allergies and all, you are one amazing Mom Bethany !
wow, she's growing so fast! I hope you get to the bottom of the food allergies quickly. What's one more to the bunch? you already know everything about food allergies, right? ;)
it's fun to read your blog since our daughters are so close in age. I think Imogene has my little Maren beat in size! I hope Imogene doesn't have allergies..yikes!
-bethany (betnotbe)
Collecting poop samples sounds like loads of fun. On a positive note - wasn't one of Emmaline's major problems that she wasn't growing/gaining weight? Seems like that's not an issue for Imogene - so maybe not allergies? Or at least not as many or not as severe? You can always hope...
Post a Comment