Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Talking and Climbing

Liliana doesn't talk much. Probably because she can't get a word in with Emmaline around. Lately Lil has finally been saying recognizable words instead of just her cute babbles that she does. My favorite is when she says "Uh-oh!" and THEN drops something on the floor (on purpose!). I've been trying to push some signing as well because she gets really frustrated not being able to communicate and so usually resorts to screeching.

I think Lil is a bit slower with the talking because she works more on her physical development. She is such an observer. She will watch you do something, and follow right behind and do the same later on. Her favorite new trick is using anything she can find to stand on in order to reach things in drawers or on counters. Just when we think we have her beat - she finds a new way to get into something! I caught her in the silverware drawer today with a huge handful of forks. Thank goodness she hasn't found the knife drawer yet!

Rating: 2 Pixie Dust with a side of 1 sour patch kid

3 comments:

Happily Ever After said...

This is how my older and middle dds were. The oldest big time talker and my middle was more of a doer. Sheesh now my third dd is both a talker and a doer, I think I'm in trouble!

Anne/kq said...

My second daughter didn't say more than three or four words until she was 14 months. We were thinking she was delayed or something (or would have been if she hadn't also signed 7 or 8 words.) She mostly pointed and grunted.

But at 14 months, she had a language explosion, talking in three to five word sentences and saying about 15 new words a week for about 2 months!

Now she won't shut up. Be careful what you wish for! ;)

Nonna said...

Oh, no...I hope she doesn't discover the knife drawer...ever !