Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Bless Your Heart"

Church is from 11-2 which is a terrible time when it comes to naptime. Liliana woke up at 5:30 this morning. We tried to snuggle with her and get to go back to sleep but she wouldn't. So we ended up putting her down for an early morning nap before church. She got about 45 minutes in before we had to get her ready to go - and she was still cranky. She was mostly okay during church with a lot of cuddling and snacks.

During the last hour, I play the piano for the opening and closing hymn. Lil was just awful. She started throwing a huge temper tantrum and wouldn't let anyone take her. And it is really hard to wrestle a 17 month old while almost 37 weeks pregnant! Someone tried to take her for me, and Lil just threw a bigger fit - she was exhausted and at the end of her rope. So luckily, another lady who can play the piano took over for me while I took Lil out. I tracked down AJ and pawned Lil off on him. I know I must have looked tired and pathetic because someone actually said to me "Bless your heart!" which we ALL know really means "boy it sure stinks to be you right now".

Rating: 4 Sour Patch Kids

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

It DOES stink to be the parent of an obnoxious child at church. PLUS PREGNANT.

But which is worse: naughty child + pregnant, or naughty child + infant?

I do not know. Either way, bless your heart.

Suzy said...

LOL at Kathleen's reply! She's right though I'm not sure which is more challenging? But sounds like you had your "hands full". Which is another way of saying "bless your heart" LOL... :)