Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fit as a... 31 year old

It's been nearly 12 years since I've had my last checkup/physical, and that was just prior to my mission. When I went in to see the doctor for my initial visit about Bell's Palsy a few weeks ago, he nagged me to come back and get a physical. Deep down I knew I should, and Bethany had nagged me a little recently too, so I went ahead and scheduled an appointment.

Let's be clear: I don't like going to the doctor. I'd rather suffer miserably for weeks than go see a doctor. So, the thought of seeing a doctor when I'm WELL is just ludicrous in my opinion. But I guess it's like "regular maintenance" on your car: the more often you do the basics, the less likely it is to have a major breakdown. As it turns out, I'm as fit as can be, other than some extra mass around the mid section. My bloodpressure was amazingly low. All my parts appear to be functioning normally. I even had a heartbeat. He did send me for a blood sample (I hate needles, too) to check cholesterol and blood sugar and such. We'll find out how those returned in a few days, but I'm not expecting much.

The point of this blog entry? Mostly because Bethany says I don't blog enough and that I should post something. So there, I posted. The other point? To say "I told you so" in regards to not need to see the doctor when you're feeling fine.

Rating: 5 Skittles (mostly because I want to "ski'ttle" away now)

1 comment:

Heavenly said...

I think it's a man thing...LOL. My dh is the same way.

Good luck on the tests.