Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fruits of our Labors


It was a gorgeous morning today despite the fact that both girls got out of their beds multiple times in the middle of the night. Liliana apparently thinks that if Emmaline gets up to go to the bathroom, that it means it is time to get up! Anyway, as a result, this morning started like any other morning does - at the crack of dawn.
It was nice and cool outside and a great breeze was blowing, so we all got up, dressed, and fed, and went outside. We weeded everywhere that needed weeding - including all the grass that has spread into the strawberry bed. Talk about tedious! We were pleased to discover that we have little buds growing everywhere - strawberries, cherries, tomatoes, and even a jalapeno pepper! This will sound crazy but who knew a little tiny jalapeno could be so cute??? Certainly cuter than my children at 3:00am....

Rating: 2 VERY Sour Patch Kids and 4 Lollipops

5 comments:

the andersons said...

Your pictures have been awesome!!

Nicki said...

Hi Bethany! The board post on blog-stalking convinced me to leave a comment on here since I totally stalk your blog (now where's that blushing smiley face when you need it?). I really enjoy your blog! :)

-Nicki (young_mommy)

Marie B. said...

Bethany, I am getting an herb garden installed in my courtyard on Monday. I really hope I dont kill all those innocent plants. But reading this is making me a little excited!
I will be taking lots of notes from the landscapers but might be calling you out for some garden help.

Carrie said...

I love that you have a garden Bethany. I remember growing up one of my favorite things to do with my mother was pick cherry tomatoes off the vine in our backyard and eat them right there. She didn't even care if I didn't wash them!

Amber said...

Hi!

*Waving*

I'm excited for our garden to start growing as well. Yay for fresh food!