A few days ago, Emmaline begged me to play Candyland with her. I promised her that next time Lil wasn't around that we would play. Well today Lil went down for an early nap and of course Emmaline remembered my promise! Now every parent who is foolish enough to actually purchase this tedious game knows that the adult NEVER wins. Candyland is all about luck, and even if you are winning - you WILL draw the gingerbread man or the candy cane and be sent back almost to the beginning. And then in the next turn your child will draw the ice cream cone - thus catapulting them ahead.This scenario played out exactly as I described in Round 1. Emmaline won of course while I was still way back in the Gumdrop Mountains. However, Round 2 was different! I actually drew the ice cream cone - pushing me ahead. Then it became a neck and neck race with Emmaline and I literally sharing the very last square together! It was my turn to draw and lo and behold instead of getting the gingerbread man, I drew double blues and WON THE GAME!
I know, I know - I should have warned you to get a chair so you could sit down from shock. Sorry about that. *I* an ADULT actually won at Candyland. This day shall live in infamy...
Rating: 5 Lollipops (teehee Lollipops - playing Candyland - lollipops- see it's funny... oh never mind)
3 comments:
You forgot the part where if you, the adult wins, (ever so rarely) the child must then cry because they are so used to winning. I hate that part.
I love this! I want to go out and buy candyland now, knowing I will be setting myself up for hours of boredom.
I love candyland!!! I can't wait until Hayden is old enough :)
Post a Comment