Thursday, June 26, 2008

There's Hair In My Brush

Is this what it's going to be like for the next 18 years? Hair... everywhere?

I'm going through my morning routine, running a brush through my hair once so it doesn't look like it was only towel dried for the day (though, that would be preferable). And as I'm brushing, something is tickling my cheek. I try to swat it away with one hand, but it continues to tickle once I brush again. I also see a flicker of hair dangling from my brush. Upon further inspection the brush is COVERED... as in, like used on a sheep dog (well, okay, maybe not QUITE that thick)... with hair. Auburn colored hair to be precise. I surely don't have red hair (or much hair to speak of for that matter), nor do my children. That leaves only one culprit - Bethany!

She's been using my brush it seems. So I spend a few minutes cleaning out my brush. Removing the offending hairs and relegating them to the circular file. I finish up, and set the brush on the counter. I go about the rest of my routine, and while brushing my teeth, I watch as Bethany reaches over, grabs my brush, and commences to run the brush through her hair! I stare at her in disbelief and all she does is bust up laughing. Her excuse? "But my girls ran off with MY hairbrush." Yeah... neat. Tell it to someone with hair.

I also found some of Bethany's hair in my hair the other morning on the way to work. Is this what I have to look forward to? Clogged drains, hijacked hair brushes, shed hair EVERYWHERE? Somehow, that's not what I thought I signed up for.

Rating: 5 Sugar Free candies (because there's nothing sweet about someone using my hair brush)

2 comments:

Jana said...

In the words of a philosopher, "Why do you need a hairbrush? You don't have any hair."

Carrie said...

Oh, my husband HATES when I use his hairbrush. In fact, I'm forbidden. He even checks to make sure there are NO blonde hairs on it before he uses it!! *sigh* Who knew boys were so finicky when it comes to hairbrushes!