Thursday, October 16, 2008

Frosted Mini-Wheats

I have been feeling a bit anxious lately because there hasn't been a good cereal deal in a long time and I am down to my last 20 boxes! EEK! Those will only last us about 2.5 more months. Anyway - just my luck that this week there is a great deal at Safeway for Frosted Mini-Wheats. AJ and the girls are all big fans of them so I was thrilled!

The Possibilities

So far I've gotten 36 boxes for $10.92 +tax


If you have a Safeway in your area - this is an EASY deal for you to do too.

The Details

The unadvertised promotion is buy 3 boxes of *flavored* Mini-Wheats and get a $3 coupon when you check out. At http://www.coupons.com/ there are NINE coupons (update: as of 10/17 those coupons are no longer there - dang rotating internet coupons. Try this link instead - you should be able to print 6) that you can print out for $1 off 1 box. Some of the coupons are deceiving because they have pictures of Rice Krispies or Raisin Bran or whatever, but they say on them that they are good on ANY Kellogg's cereal. That site will let you print 2 times - so a total of 18 coupons right there. If you have more than one computer in your house - you can do it again.
Depending on where you live in the country, the Mini-Wheats are on sale through Tuesday for either $2.22 or $2.50 per box.

The Steps

So here is what you do (obviously make adjustments to the scenarios if your boxes are $2.50):

Transaction #1
(3) $2.22 Mini-Wheats - $6.66
- (3) $1/1 coupons
____________________
Total: $3.66+tax
Receive a $3 coupon

Transaction #2
(3) $2.22 Mini-Wheats - $6.66
- (3) $1/1 coupons
- $3 coupon from Trans #1
____________________
Total: $0.66+tax
Receive $3 coupon

Transaction #3
(3) $2.22 Mini-Wheats - $6.66
- (3) $1/1 coupons
- $3 coupon from Trans #2
____________________
Total: $0.66+tax
Receive $3 coupon

Rinse and Repeat.

Now go my Coupon Padowans and conquer this deal!

Rating: 4 Lollipops (I'd give it 5 except I prefer getting free cereal)


5 comments:

Bethany said...

WOW! this is amazing and i'm totally going to do it. thanks for posting such great instructions.

Erika said...

Thanks Bethany, this deal rocks. I hardly ever venture into Safeway because it's kind of in a yucky area here, but this is worth it. We love mini-wheats!

(I'm goobs*mom on BBC)

Kelly said...

Great deal Bethany, thanks for the info! My 13 year old could eat a box of mini wheats in 2 days if I let him! LOL

Happily Ever After said...

That's awesome and even more awesome that you called those under your tutelage padowans!

Jenny said...

Ack! No Safeway here. Your picture did, however, inspire me to pick up a box of Blueberry Mini Wheats at Walmart for $2.22. A small box. I think I'm hopeless...