Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recipe Review: Chipotle Chocolate Chili

I got the recipe for Chipotle Chocolate Chili from the girls over at Our Best Bites. I was a bit skeptical but noticed that all the ingredients were allergen safe (baking cocoa doesn't have milk or nuts) so I decided to give it a whirl. I also didn't have any chipotles but I did have some dried chili pods so I cut one in half and allowed it to simmer with the chili. The verdict:

AJ: The chili was good. I didn't taste chocolate-y. I like that it was thick and hearty.

Bethany: I loved that it was an easy allergen free recipe with no need for special substitutions. Always a bonus in my book. It was very tasty and very filling. It was also simple to make - from start to finish it took just under and hour.

Emmaline: There's chocolate in this soup??? WOW!!!

Liliana: "Ahhhhhh!!!!" (more please)

Rating: 4 Lollipops (yum!)

2 comments:

Kate @ Our Best Bites said...

Thanks, Bethany!! I'm glad you guys liked it! :)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the review - I've been wanting to try it myself. How cool that it was allergen-free, and you didn't have to make any substitutions!