Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Dentist

Has anyone caught on yet that we accidentally overestimated our flex spending and now we're scurrying to use it up? We have new glasses on the way too but I'll save that for another post . . .

Anyway - yesterday we all went to the Dentist. When I say "all" what I really mean is that AJ, Emmaline and I went and Lil and Imogene hung out in the waiting room while we took turns going in. I confess that AJ and I haven't been to the dentist in a long time. In fact if I'm really being honest here - we haven't been in at least 10 years. Please do not shame us - we know we are bad. Luckily things aren't TOO bad. We both have some work to be done though. Sadly I have the first two cavities of my entire life - thanks for the great enamel mom and dad! The dentist also noticed that I still have one baby tooth and a molar that never came in - thanks for the "great" genetics mom and dad.

Of more interest is Emmaline of course! This is her very first time at the dentist. She was so excited to go. In fact she was so excited that I threatened her at naptime that if she didn't stay in her bed I wouldn't let her go. What kind of parent am I??? She did great and thought going to the dentist was fun! She doesn't have any cavities so it was a very positive experience for her. I'm just surprised that she could stop gabbing long enough for the dentist to get a peek inside that mouth!

Rating: 3 Sugar-free Candies ('cause they're better for the teeth and all)

2 comments:

Nonna said...

Glad it was a fun experience for you all...Emmaline will now not be afraid and you guys will get the work you need done !

Suzy said...

Pretty good for not going in 10 years! I missed two years and ended up with a root-canal because of it. Glad everything went well. xoxo