Monday, October 6, 2008

Family Home Evening

Three weeks ago I decided that it was about time we start having Family Home Evening. So far for the last two weeks - as soon as Emmaline hears that it is a Monday, she instantly asks if we can have Family Home Evening again. How can you deny her?
Based on the kids' ages - we've kept it really simple. We sing a Primary Song (Emmaline picked Popcorn Popping the last two weeks so this week I told her I was picking I Love to See the Temple). Then we read a couple of stories from the board book we have of the Book of Mormon. Then this is where it gets really exciting. For an activity - we play Ring Around the Rosy! The girls love it and they aren't quite ready for a good game of Chinese Checkers or Trivial Pursuit like my family used to play. Someday! Then for a treat - we each got to eat TWO marshmallows. Please try to hold back your envy. It was Emmaline's idea and she was thrilled with it. Silly girl.

Rating: 2 Peeps (cause they're really just marshmallows you see)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I let G make banana pudding for an FHE treat. He thought it was the best activity ever! Please do not tell him that really I was just using him for slave labor. He need not know these little things.

Heavenly said...

I have very fond memories of sitting Gabrielle in her high chair and having our lesson like this.

Jesus loves you
*hands her a chocolate chip*

Heavenly Father loves you.
*hands her a chocolate chip*

We can be an eternal family because They love us.
*hands her a chocolate chip*

Etc. LOL

Coloring pictures about the lesson for an activity is always very popular too. Although I still don't understand what castles have to do with "Our HF created this world for us"? ;)

Nonna said...

Good with marshmallows on top or Peeps !

The new Nursery Manual "Behold Your Little Ones" might be a good resource too !