Monday, October 27, 2008

Jack-o-Lantern

Tonight for Family Home Evening, we decided to carve a pumpkin. This morning we went to the store and picked one out. The girls managed to choose a "Charlie Brown" pumpkin, because it had lots of "character" (including not being able to sit up straight).

We let Emmaline draw where she wanted the eyes, nose, and mouth, and then AJ cut it out. During all this, Liliana wandered away to go play - we were too boring for her. Once we were done carving, we put the candles inside, lit it up, and turned out the lights. We called for Liliana to come see. She took two steps into the kitchen, got this "look" on her face - and backed away into the family room! Even when we turned the lights back on, she would not go near it at all. We must have done a good job making a scary face after all. What do you think?
Rating: 5 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses (that I can not find at any store and when I finally found them at Target, they were sold out!)


6 comments:

KristinNB said...

Too cute.. Poor thing didn't know what to think of it.. LOL

Nonna said...

Kid designed Jack O'Lanterns are the best...

I would trade in the candles for a couple of glow sticks...the baby might get interested in the carved pumpkin when you least expect it. I know, what can I say ? I'm a little over the top when it comes to safety !

Jenny said...

Emmaline looks so proud of the masterpiece. Too funny about Liliana!

Sheryl said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your pumpkin.

Katy said...

Would you think I was desperate if I said my husband's cousin was sending me some Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses from Colorado? I REALLY wanted them!! I have yet to find them on my own...

Bethany said...

Where in Colorado is he finding them??? I have looked everywhere! Target claims that they had them but were sold out. :-(