Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

An excellent Mother's Day! I celebrated by gestating a new life!!! However, discussing cell generation is kind of dull so I'll tell you about the rest of my day.

This morning I got to sleep in until 8:30. I would have preferred to sleep even later but my bladder had other plans for me. AJ got me some beautiful daisies and tulips. At church they handed out king size Symphony bars to all the women. I confess that the baby needed to eat half of it during Relief Society. . . .

After church AJ installed my gift. It is a pull-out drawer to keep the trashcans in! VERY cool. We were both getting tired of keeping the trash in the pantry or on the counter since Lil likes to dig in it. I even took a picture for your enjoyment. LOOK! It's my GARBAGE!!!!

Then for dinner he made me a yummy homemade lasagna. I have been craving lasagna for over a month now so it really hit the spot. In a side note - AJ and I started dating right before my birthday and he made me lasagna for my birthday dinner that year too.

After dinner we made strawberry freezer jam. I've never done it before, and it was even easier than I've been told that it is! Sadly we didn't get enough pectin and don't have enough jars, and I still have about 8 lbs. of strawberries to go. I will have to continue this project another day.

Rating: 5 Lollipops (for a great Mother's Day!)

No comments: