So last night we decided that we would bite that bullet and put Liliana in the toddler bed. It needs to happen sooner rather than later so hopefully she is used to it before this baby comes! We talked extensively to Emmaline about how important it was that she stay in HER bed so that Liliana wouldn't be distracted from going to sleep. We tucked both girls in their beds. Liliana pleasantly laid down with her blankie and her bear. All was quiet. AJ and I anticipated to soon hear sound of giggles and laughter since that is to be expected when two girls share a room. We knew we'd have to deal with that! That isn't what happened though. About 5 minutes later we heard Liliana start screaming. We went to see what was the matter only to find Emmaline out of her bed and out of the ROOM! She *claimed* that she had to go potty - even though she had just went less than 10 minutes ago. Lo and behold, she was not able to produce a single drop of urine. In the meantime Liliana is in full meltdown because SHE wanted to go out of the room too! We finally resorted to putting Emmaline back in her bed, and Liliana back in her crib.
So today, for naptime, I decided it would be a good time for Liliana to practice sleeping in the toddler bed while Emmaline had her playdate. The moment I put her in the bed, she started to cry but I stuck with the routine, handed her blankie and bear and kissed her goodnight. A couple minutes after putting her down, I hear the doorhandle (we have the latch kind versus the knobs) shaking! "Thank goodness the door opens inward and she doesn't know how to open doors!" I say to AJ. After about 10 minutes I decided to go check on her since all was quiet - success!!! But when I get upstairs I discover the bedroom door open and Liliana is in MY bathroom unloaded everything she can find under the bathroom sink. NOT COOL. My baby is NOT allowed to learn to open doors! What is she? Some sort of Velociraptor?????
So this is where I get mean - I took her back to the toddler bed, locked her door (it can be popped back open with a hanger) and walked away. I can currently hear her moving around in there. Hopefully she makes it to her bed at some point and goes to sleep......
Rating: 4 Sour Patch Kids
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your baby does indeed seem to be a velociraptor.
Post a Comment