Friday, May 16, 2008

Toddler Bed Progress!

Lil slept in the toddler bed last night!

It took some effort but we did it. I got her all tucked in and she automatically threw a fit. I tried to leave the room but she was literally right on my heels and was able to open the door in one try. She has NO problem doing that now.
So I laid down with her just to help her relax. Once she had calmed down I sat next to the bed with my arms around her. Then eventually I moved my hands so I wasn't touching her at all but I was still sitting next to her. Then eventually I moved further and further away. I thought she was finally asleep so I got up to leave and she saw me and started to cry again. She tried to follow me and I could tell she exhausted. So I just picked her up and put her back in her bed and left. She got up again - so I put her back in her bed. We only went through that three times before she stayed put. She whimpered for about 5 minutes and then fell asleep.
Then in the middle of the night, Emmaline got up to go to the bathroom, so it woke up Lil (who was on the floor!!!). So we went through the process again. Only that time in only took a quarter of the time. So progress is being made!

Rating: 3 Pixie Dust (Good Job Lil!)

No comments: