Friday, May 30, 2008

Today's Shopping Trip

First a funny story about Emmaline. I took her with me and Lil stayed home with AJ. Yesterday Emmaline got two scrap pieces of paper and colored them to look like coupons. One side she colored everywhere, and the other side she made a bunch of squiggles like writing. Today she insisted on carrying them into every store we went to and was very insistant that she could NOT forget her coupons! They learn so young! :-)


I spent $38.08 + tax on all this today. Not bad considering there are 7 packages of diapers there which retail normally for about $75. I'd say it is a pretty successful day and more diapers is always a good thing!


7 packages of diapers (Pampers)
5 Tubs Wipes
5 bottles baby lotion
3 Glucose Monitors (sometimes you have to buy stuff you don't need to make other things cheap - trust me - it works. Also luckily I have a diabetic friend so she benefits too!)
3 boxes Band-Aids
2 tubs Benedryl Topical
1 bottle Calcium Chewables
1 bottle Ecotrin Aspirin
9 CoverGirl LipSlicks
3 CoverGirl Blush
6 boxes Cereal
2 gallons milk
1 bottle Olive Oil
2 cans salt
2 lbs. tomatoes
4 lbs. Peaches
_____________________
Full retail value: $397.98 and I paid just 12.5% of that!

Just one more way of looking at things - if you consider what I spent and the number of diapers - I spent $5.44/package for diapers. Which is about half price. And then the rest of that list I got for free. Anyway you look at it - it is cheap!

Rating: 3 Lollipops (I messed up a few transactions today - it actually should have been $10 cheaper but still a good deal just the same!)


7 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

So I'm looking at your pile of loot and trying to figure out what on earth the glucometers are connected to coupon wise. Just getting those in your shopping trip is a steal, not to mention everything else. Now you can check your own blood sugar and bag the whole drink-the-nasty-stuff-at-the-OB-clinic ritual. My doc lets me do that.

Tara said...

Ok...how and where!! I am trying, but failing miserable at it! Good grief!! And that is awesome on the glucometers! How do those play into it?

Bethany said...

Okay, so the Glucometers I had coupons for for $20 off. They were on sale for $19.99 - so free after coupon. (Companies like to give away their glcometers so that you are forced into buying their very exensive test strips.)
Also, Walgreens put out a one-day only coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase.
So what you do it get the $20 glucometer, and then $10 worth of other items (diapers anyone?). So then your bill is for $30. Then you give them the coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase, and then the $20 coupon for the glucometer and VIOLA! Your total is $0.00.

Melanie said...

Where do you get the glucometer coupons?

Bethany said...

There are always in the Sunday Paper! Like this week there is a coupon for $30 off a Breeze 2 or Contour glucometer. They are on sale at Walgreens all month for $30 - so another freebie. I am holding onto mine in hopes they put out another coupon similar to the $10 off $30 one.

Melanie said...

I see!!! Its starting to click a little! Let me know if you see $10 off coupon. Thanks for tolerating me!!

Melanie said...

YAY!!! Ok, so we did it! It was small, but here it goes: Today at Wal-Mart, we got 6 of the post it flag packs, plus 4 gallons of milk for $6.55!!!! It was a rush! Thank you SO much for all your help! I think we're starting to catch on. Yippee!